Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Pleasure of Eating an Egg

Well, let that be an egg or two. My cholesterol is under control. Let me get that out of the way... but do you know I had not been able to eat eggs for the longest time. Why was that? Well, because I had an umbilical hernia!

Umbilical hernias, are basically that the intestine is pinched somewhere and just like a hose the flow is slowed or stopped depending pretty much on the severity of the pinch. Our bodies are way more sophisticated than a rubber hose, may I assure you. What a pinch may be to a hose is a whole different matter to our intestines when it comes to digestion. Eggs are extremely prone to bacteria as we all know, and eating them was always an event.

I tried to put off the operation as much as I could to get that hernia fixed, but eventually I submitted to the fact that I had to go under the knife. Best decision have ever made, other than asking Jesus into my life.

Some of the benefits include to losing some weight, better blood circulation, and being able to eat eggs again. Just had an egg salad sandwich and am so grateful.

So don't put that operation off if you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment